Thanks for Aether House for nominating me! I didn’t expect this but here goes. This is my first time being nominating so I’ll try my best.
1. Do you have, or have you had, a medical condition that altered your way of life?
I have chronic migraines and panic attacks. I’ve medicated for almost a decade. It definitely stalls my ability to function sometimes. Most people are pretty understanding when I have one.
2. How would you describe your dream home?
A little suburban 2-story house away from a busy street with a big back yard, fenced in with a smattering of tall trees, somewhere where I can make an altar and do a couple gardens. Inside I’d like to have 4 bedrooms with a full basement. 3 bedrooms are for the hubby, me and kids, and the 4th bedroom will be my study. The basement is for the hubby. I’d like the yard to be big enough for all the dogs I’ll have some day. And honestly, I’d love it if I had awesome, reliable neighbors.
3. What is your favorite hobby? Why?
Probably doing fan stuff, fan fiction and fan art. It helps me escape and cope with a lot of my anxiety. I just love indulging in my favorite worlds and characters when life gets rough.
4. What piece of clothing can you not live without?
Shoes, comfortable shoes. Probably sketchers.
5. How do you feel about marriage and having kids?
I’ve been married to my best friend and other soul half for 6 years and counting. We want kids but no more than two. I’d like to have one of each, boy and girl, but I’ll leave that up to the Divine. I never thought I’d want kids, but I would love to have little minions and experience motherhood as a sacred stage in my life.
6. What book-to-movie adaptation are you’re dying for Hollywood to make? I’m talking about books that haven’t yet been made into movies, of course (so no Mockingjay!).
I’ve always wanted them to make the Hollows series by Kim Harrison. It’s such a great urban fantasy series and sorely under-rated. I’m surprised Hollywood hasn’t snatched it up yet. I think it’s better than the Sookie Stackhouse books, and that series got an HBO series. Rachel may just be too much of a strong, independant heroine for TV/movies to handle!
7. Do you live in the moment or do you plan for the future?
A little bit of both. Probably more for the future. It’s hard to be patient though.
8. Favorite class in college? (or high school, if you didn’t go/haven’t yet gone to college)?
Writing non-fiction. I not only learned some great writing tips, but I met my husband in that class.
9. Best and worst part of attending weddings?
Best part – the food, drink, and speeches. I love hearing the stories of how people have met and how their friends feel about their spouses.
Worst part – Church. I do not like church or long ceremonies.
10. Tell me about an awkward or embarrassing moment you’ve had.
Ah, there was this one time I was messing around with one of my boyfriends and I was laughing and teasing him about my bra size and then accidentally slapped him in the teeth. Haha. Oops. I think it hurt.
Leigh Michaels, Dr. Bairavee, Books A to Z, Rachel in the OC, Edgy Author, The Dog Ate What? (my sister), The Skinny Girl Inside, Rachel Zellers
1. Do you have any relations to any famous people or famous historical figures?
2. If you had unlimited money, what would you do with it?
3. What’s your favorite mobile app? Or most used mobile app?
4. Describe your perfect day.
5. Do you have any career regrets? Like do you wish your career was something else?
6. What book or books changed your life and why?
7. If you could be president for one week, what would you do?
8. What are your least favorite qualities in a person?
9. Favorite dessert?
10. Do you have any special projects you’re working on like writing, art, or other crafts? If so, what are you doing?
Click the cut to see the rules and my questions to the lovely ten bloggers above!
1) Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site (sorry, my work computer wouldn’t let me do this).
2) Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3) Answer the 10 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
4) The nominee will nominate 10 (I’ve seen some rules that are 5 -10) other blogs who have less than 200 followers (I’ve seen less than 1000 too).
5) The nominee will then create 10 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post!
Panic attacks are the worst. I’ve had them for a few years now, and they’ve really been acting up lately. Sorry you have to deal with them, too!
And I completely agree with you about fan stuff. I feel guilty about caving to my inner fangirl sometimes, but it really is a great escape when depression/anxiety take over!
And aw, thanks so much for nominating me! Will have to try answering these questions sometime this month…
Thanks! Yeah they can be really bad but you learn to manage them.
I don’t know what I’d do without fandom. Nothing in my life would be any fun I think.
Yay! yeah take your time. 🙂
That house sounds perfect! That’s pretty much my ideal home too. Except basements don’t exist in Charleston, lol, so that dream won’t be coming true.
I equally dislike the church aspect of weddings. I recently went to a Baptist wedding and while I enjoyed 95% of it, the heavyhanded religious aspects made me uncomfortable. I can’t complain too badly, because I should let my friends have their faith and it’s THEIR day. But….yeah. Kinda makes you feel like you’re gonna burst into flames, lol.
Thanks for doing this! And you have some really great questions for other people 😀
Yeah, I’m not fancy. Basements is sort of a thing Joe wants, and I like them for the tornados and bad storms we get around here.
It’s the heavy handed religious stuff that makes me uncomfortable too so I don’t blame you. I’ve been fortunate lately at attending wedding ceremonies that are all in one place and no church. I love those!
But yeah, it makes me super uncomfortable like I’m infringing on someone else’s space because being Pagan, I know I don’t feel welcome there.
Loved reading your answers – a lot of mine would have been similar! Thanks for nominating me :-). It’s a good week to work on this, since I’ve got Emma’s Story out now ;-). Still might take me a couple of days ;-).
Totally understandable! Releasing a book is exciting yet exhausting. Good luck!