1. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
2. “Protect the time and space in which you write. Keep everybody away from it, even the people who are most important to you.” — Zadie Smith
3. “Write drunk; edit sober.” – Ernest Hemingway
4. “It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.” – Ernest Hemingway
5. “Substitute ‘damn’ every time you’re inclined to write ‘very’; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.” – Mark Twain
6a. “Say it once, say it well, and move on.” – To be honest, I’m not sure. I might have made this one up. If you know who said this please let me know in the comments.
6b. “Don’t explain.” – Billie Holiday
View original post 187 more words